Saturday, April 26, 2008

Diary Entry #1

Yesterday Mark and I threw a surprise party for Tim and Hannah at the same time. Their birthdays were both this week. It was the most ridiculous method of surprise ever. It involved my car "breaking down" and Tim sitting by himself at a restaurant for almost 40 minutes, and actually was really stressful and depressing. Also, Hannah was sort of sick the whole time. But we were worried it wasn't going to work, and it went off without a hitch. So... mixed feelings. But when we got to the party a LOT of people were there, and Hannah definitely started feeling better, so I think it was worth it.

I'm leaving for the first frisbee game of the spring today—actually it's the second for me, but the first didn't count, since I wasn't prepared and had to play barefoot in skinny pants. The weather looks a lot more cooperative than they said it would be. Cold, though.

On the stereo this morning: Wilco, "A Ghost Is Born"
On the stereo last night: Public Enemy, "It Takes A Nation Of Millions"

1 comment:

Mark said...

Yeah, mixed feelings. I think it actually made me feel a little weird about surprise birthday parties. Who is it for anyway? All that work to create a false, sad situation. I have no problem with the deceiving part, but maybe it's just a little lie to make the party seem relatively better.

Oh you totally thought we were going to have a sad time getting the car fixed, but what... it's a party! How much better is that!